Monday, July 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I just got back from camping at Nugget Lake.  Do you ever think about why Nugget Lake is called "Nugget Lake"?  Well, Eric told me.  Here's the story.  Long ago a meteor hit the earth right here at Nugget Lake.  The powerful force caused a wall of solid rocks to slide off of the flat form into a giant hunk of  sharp rock hanging on for dear life (it's call the Under Looks).   The secret, or why it's called Nugget Lake is because when the meteor shriveled up into dust, it left lots and lots of gold nuggets.  Still today folks find gold here.  So that's the story.  At the campground they had an amphitheater. An amphitheater is a regular piece of white cardboard standing up on two pieces wood.  Then you take a projector and you put the movie on the screen.  We watched the movies called "A Dog's Life".  "Grizzly Bears".  And "Some Feet Have Noses".  And do you know what's really weird?  One of my best friends was going camping at the same place!  And do you know how I noticed that she was there?  Well, I was riding down the little hill at top speed, and then boom!  There goes a little girl across the rocky gravel.  I slam on my breaks.  Then I scan her head to toe.  Same hair, same sunglasses,  I saw her wear that dress before, "Ella (her little sister, 6)?" "Zoey?"  Then I look across the road, and I see Olivia.  "Olivia?" "Zoey!" she cried. "I can't believe that we are camping at the same place that's so cool!" she said  "I know! I'll come see you in a few hours." I replied. I turned my bike around.  "See ya!" I called. And I started back towards my campsite.


      Coming up:
Part two of ''Home Sweet Home"    
 
             

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric has always been a great story teller. Next time you all go to Nugget, ask him to find you a piece of gold...then you will believe him!
I was suprised to see Olivia and Ella ride past too. Small world, isn't it?
~~Sue~~

Zoey said...

I will. And if he does find a piece of gold I'll be rich!

Anonymous said...

I told Eric you expecting to find GOLD the next time you go to Nugget. Daikon now has his metal detector ready for the search so YOU SHOULD BE A VERY RICH YOUNG LADY!!!!

Zoey said...

Awesome! I might need to get a bigger wallet, though.

Anonymous said...

Eric told me it was true....he read it on a sign at the campground. I did tell him you were expecting help from him in the HUNT for those gold nuggets.

Zoey said...

Come on! It's true!?